Thursday, 23 November 2006
The attempt to install a quattorized version of the glite-LB looks to have gone well. Certainly all the packages are now installed and just the configuration needs to be looked at. The box needs some kind of raid as well. RAID is something I seriously don't know how to do in quatttor. but like everything else though just find an example and steal it.
Attended the section meeting to report what I've been up to the last week:
- Maui update following the bug that needed fixing.
- FTS servers , pilot service reinstalled from scratch and is at least running.
- Installing glite-LB with Yvan. Requires some new templates.
- Both the last points require an update to ncm-yaim which I'm trying to get AFS permission for.
- SDU-LCG2 asking to be certified.
- R-GMA broken on the PPS which is broken anyway due to IP renumbering.
- Description of xmas time work which I can't do this year, basically time in lieu though
- Interesting points form Alistair about user's expectation of quality. Do we need a new set of users who are more tolerant for grid over batch.
- A couple of fixes have been put into SAM to try and clean up results.
- Five countries in Mediterranean grid, just tested 4.6 Million drugs against Malaria !!
- Re installation form scratch is it still needed? Yes it should be done on the PPS.