Thursday, 30 November 2006
Have volunteered to be a CE expert at CERN. I don't really know anything about the gLite CE but this is one very good way to learn of course though not as good as running one completely. Essentially tickets end up with me when they are not easy to solve by the admins. A lot of ticket passing goes on here.
Attended the IT-GD-OPS section meeting and reported what I have been up to in the last week:
- More clean up of FTS profiles. A bit closer to actually being able to deploy new the new hardware. Just need to understand how the load balancing works.
- Starting to impart the knowledge to Yvan about quattor.
- Acting as CERN ROC. There really has been nothing interesting that has happened though.
- Started to contact people for the WLCG ops meeting. Only one firm offer of a talk at the moment.
- Presentation about the utilities that ship the STDOUT, STDERR to an SE for inspection during a job. It runs every now and then GridFTS them off. It appends or creates new files depending on the file size. It all makes sense to me, lots of questions about it though. I guess lots of bright people creates lots of good ideas. Though if the interactive jobs work is this even needed.